We’re hiring – Administrative Assistant
Estate Office Administrative Assistant (£20,000 per annum, f/t)
|Location||Wormsley Estate, Stokenchurch, Buckinghamshire|
|Reporting to||Estate Office Administrator|
Wormsley is the private estate of the Getty Family and is located just off junction 5 of the M40 at Stokenchurch, Buckinghamshire. The Estate can trace its roots back to a first mention in the Doomsday Book of 1196 and since 1597 has been in the possession of only two families. Sir Paul Getty acquired the Estate in 1985 and embarked on a seven-year programme of renovation and improvements, bringing it back to life. This included the refurbishment of most of its properties creating some wonderful Chiltern barn conversions alongside major projects such as establishing the Lake and Island in the Deer Park, the laying of the now world-famous Cricket Ground, the building of the Wormsley Library (with over 6,000 rare books and manuscripts) and working with Penelope Hobhouse to re-establish the two-acre Walled Garden. Since Sir Paul’s death in 2003, a further broadening of the Estate’s activities has included the expansion of the Wormsley Shoot, the creation of the Robin Snell designed 600-seat Opera Pavilion (home of Garsington Opera) and Island Pavilion and the Boundary Room which overlooks the Cricket Ground. See www.wormsley.com for more information.
ESTATE OFFICE TEAM
The Estate Manager and various Heads of Department are supported by a small team of staff based in the Estate Office within the attractive Home Farm complex of buildings adjacent to the main house. Core support services include finance, HR, marketing and office administration ensuring all key records and documentation are held securely and are kept in good order and that an excellent level of customer service is afforded to family members and their guests, our staff, tenants and visitors.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Wormsley team. Reporting to our Estate Office Administrator, this key role will support the smooth running of the Estate Office, ensuring that all enquiries, whether these be in person, by email or over the phone, receive a friendly and swift response. You will also play a key role in improving our level of digital records and storage.
Tasks will vary on a daily basis and will include:
- Receptionist duties as required and regular liaison with our Security team.
- Assisting the Estate Manager, Estate Office Administrator and other Heads of Department with key tasks as directed.
- Answering incoming calls and emails and assisting with office housekeeping.
- Updating our image library, various databases, calendars and guest information.
- Laminating, scanning and photocopying documents, filing or shredding, etc., as required.
- Preparing Home Farm Barn for meetings, including providing teas and coffees.
- Looking after all postal and courier requirements.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong administration and organisational skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Be hard working, flexible, enthusiastic, energetic, conscientious and trustworthy.
- Be a team player with a very friendly and helpful disposition.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be keen to learn new skills.
- Have excellent IT skills and ideally a good knowledge of social media / marketing platforms.
- Be good at taking direction but also able to work under his or her own initiative and solve problems.
- Have a clean driving licence and access to a car as public transport is limited.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the deadline of 5pm on Wednesday 27th January.