THE CRICKET PAVILION
The mock-Tudor thatched pavilion, with its distinctive facade, players’ balconies and cricket bat balusters was designed by architect Nicky Johnston. It was officially opened on Sunday 3rd May 1992 for the first game on the new ground between two local villages that border the Estate – Ibstone CC v Fingest CC.
Over the last 25 years, many of the world’s greatest players have had the opportunity to be invited to enjoy Wormsley and those who have scored 100 runs or taken 5 wickets for the Sir Paul Getty XI are commemorated on 64 painted plaques on the walls of the pavilion. The pavilion also houses a fantastic collection of cricketing memorabilia, including: scorecards of previous Sir Paul Getty XI matches, photographs of some of the world stars who have played at Wormsley, signed cricket bats, WG Grace’s Umbrella Stand, the oldest bat ever found in the UK (dating back to 1602) and one of Sir Don Bradman’s bats used on his last tour of England.
Aside from cricket, the Pavilion also hosts private dining for 12 people and has a wedding licence with room for a small congregation of 15 people. A cricket enthusiast’s dream, perhaps?
- cricket functions
- private dining
- corporate meetings
- weddings receptions